THE secret beauty regimes of millions of British women has been laid bare – and it includes shaving toes and plucking chin hair, according to a new survey.
One in ten girls admitted to regularly removing hairs from their face while eight per cent have to de-hair their toes.
Researchers for Champneys spas polling UK females on things they don’t tell their other halves found Brit women keep at least three secrets on average.
The top fib is how much they really spend on clothes (17 per cent), followed by their real weight (14 per cent) and how many lovers they have had (13 per cent).
And six per cent hate their mother-in-law, five per cent have a secret crush and four per cent are still in touch with an ex.
But three quarters of those surveyed claimed telling porkies helps to maintain a healthy relationship – despite 15 per cent saying they got angry at partners keeping secrets.
Nearly half (48 per cent) of women said they are extremely private about their beauty regime and always shave, wax and pluck behind closed doors.
Champneys said the study shows “there are certain things women prefer to keep private from their partners”.
They said women “want to give the illusion they are naturally beautiful” and don’t let on about their “laborious beauty tasks”.
In total 65 per cent of women claim there are some things their partner “just doesn’t need to know” while nine per cent said they just “like having secrets”.
And while one in three said they tell their best friend more than their partner 40 per cent of those admitted it was because “he won’t be interested”.
Most common secrets women hide
- How much I really spend on clothes — 17 per cent
- My real weight — 14 per cent
- How many LOVERS I have really had — 13 per cent
- How much I spend on beauty products — 12 per cent
- I pluck hairs from my chin — 10 per cent
- I’ve stalked his ex on Facebook — 10 per cent
- I regularly steal his razor — 8 per cent
- The size of my overdraft — 8 per cent
- I shave my toes — 8 per cent
- I hate his mother — 6 per cent
- I have a secret crush — 5 per cent
- I don’t like his friends — 5 per cent
- I’m still in touch with an ex — 4 per cent
- I earn more than he thinks — 4 per cent
- I bleach my moustache — 2 per cent